Friday, August 31, 2007

Mystic Topaz Ring

This is a sterling silver ring set with a multi-faceted round of AA quality Mystic Topaz, and it has an amazing story behind it! This was my very very very first piece I ever made using both jewelrs saw, sheet metal, and torch. I had just gone out and gotten my new tools when my Father called and asked me if I had any jewelry because it was my parents Wedding anniversary. So I of course got the brilliant idea to make my Mother a ring, I wanted her to have the first piece I'd ever made so it would be special. So I set about making the ring shank around 2:30pm thinking it would be a piece of cake. 6 hours later I had the finished piece and I was completely exhausted. Yet even though it took me so long, I had actually made my first ring! It took me a total of 3 days to finish it entirely, and here it is! I just hope my Mom will understand all the many hours of work this took me! I also hope that as I practice more, rings will not take me 3 days and 6 hours to make...


No comments: