Monday, April 4, 2011

good day for gardening

new salad greens containers

organic lettuce is in my  future!

morning glory seedlings for transplanting out front!

Start of my bean trellis system, 2 more to go

so many seeds (maybe too many)

New indoor organic herbs and spinach containers

Finally started my first round of planting in the raised bed today! It was a perfect day for it too. I'm really excited to try the beans again now that I have a new trellis for them to climb. I'm planning on staking two more and then stringing up a twine system for them to have plenty to vine up around.  I'm also anxious to get my Japanese vegetable seeds that I'm going to try this year, namely my black skinned Densuke Hokkaido watermelon!!  ( read more about them here, very interesting) I've never tried fruit but I'm determined to grow at least one of these expensive melons. As you can tell I'm super excited overall to get things growing!

No comments: