Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Garden Update: Carrots and tomatoes








Things have been getting busy around here again! Artscape is looming closer and closer and it's finally starting to feel real: I have so very much production work to finish! 

We've been getting some nice sunny days recently and the garden has grown by leaps and bounds. Out of the 3 black skinned watermelon, 2 have set nicely as well as my two sanjaku (Japanese cucumbers). They are sending out little tendrils and climbing out of my raised bed. 

I harvested a small section of carrots today that I planted back in April, they are more of a baby type organic carrot and are super sweet! I also for the first time have saved seed from an organic lettuce crop that went out a bit earlier than I had expected (last photo). I'm excited to try planting these seeds once more in a few days.

Hope you all are doing grand! 
xoxoxo -Amy

No comments: