Monday, July 23, 2012

I Want to Go to That

Hello! I have been doing a lot of traveling this week... on  the Great Oracle that is.  :) I recently have found some places that I urgently need to see. Here they are as follows:


 1) Kiteya in Soho NY

They sell new Kyoto fashion, accessories, and home goods as well as fabrics and papers. I can't wait until my next trip to the Big Apple, this is already bookmarked on my map!




2) Mitsuwa Summer Festival in  NJ: Saturday 8/18/12


Who knew that Mitsuwa had a Summer Matsuri?! Well maybe you did but I didn't! And so close to home! Taiyaki, Okonomiyaki Pancakes, yakitori, green tea ice cream.... ok you know why I'm going!



3) Mathematics of Light by Chin Chih Yang,  at the Towson University Asian Arts Gallery. Now - 7/29/12

This exhibit looks so interesting! According to the website, "Yang's "Mathematics of Light" is sculpture/installation made of cans, tubing from hospital oxygen masks and other recyclable materials, which signals a conservation aesthetic in a society for the most part dedicated to waste"


SOooo, I'll be a busy lady for the next few weeks! Hopefully I'll get to these places and have some fun photos to share with you all!

xoxoxox -Amy

No comments: