Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Food I'm loving




I've been busy in the kitchen the last few days, thought I'd share some of my favorite creations. I've been trying really hard to like salad (what kind of vegetarian doesn't love salad...? me...) so I've been spicing up those boring green leaves with more lovable ingredients like the one pictured above. My mom gave me some Chia seeds which are supposedly all the health food rage right now. I've been sprinkling them on salads and in my oatmeal. They're actually pretty tasty if you can get over the tapioca like texture.

The other thing I've been trying really hard to do is make my own hand rolled sushi/maki rolls. The ones pictured are just a plain seasoned rice roll and they were 美味しい  (delicious)!  

The last photo is not something I made but Jacques Torres chocolates my Mom got me when we were in NY a few days ago and I'm so in love with the "wicked fun" flavor which is a ganache with  ancho and chipotle chiles! 

What foods are you all loving right now? 

No comments: