Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Knit with Me!



So I've had knitting on the brain lately and I can't seem to settle down with my usual glove or mitten patterns, so I decided to start browsing around for a nice and easy sweater pattern. Since I have never attempted something this large, I'm a little intimidated, a bit excited, and  betting a lot it really won't be finished for about 4 years haha! But since I found a pattern and have a gift card to the craft store, I might as well try my hand at this. Want to knit along with me??   here is the link to the pattern!

While I'm on the subject of knitting, I have been coveting this book about Noro knitting and the man behind the yarn itself. I keep looking at it in the bookstore but I haven't yet purchased it. I got interested in Noro yarn after I saw some wares on Enoshima island in Japan made with these beautiful meshes of colors. I would have bought these hats there if I had more luggage room. Instead, I bought some Noro yarn on one of my trips to Philadelphia when I came home.  I bought 3 skeins of this intense cobalt blue to silvery white blend ( they are so beautiful I haven't used any yet :) However, I'd love to make a pair of mittens like these.

In other  news, I have been invited to showcase my work again at the Carroll County Arts Council this Spring so I'll be happily accepting that invitation. ( Since the gallery over the winter was so much fun! ) I'm also starting to gear back up for my shows starting in March, but not before Kirk and I take some  detours in Annapolis,  Manhattan, and hopefully Colorado!

I'm having a lot of fun this winter :)

No comments: