Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Inspiration


Just wanted to share a quick insight into my process tonight! As everyone knows, I'm obsessed with asian aesthetic, not just in jewelry, but in just about anything : architecture, food, clothing, even utensils. I got these beautiful chopsticks at my bridal shower and I've been using them with just about every meal.  I adore them. I adored them so much that I started thinking, how can I translate this into a wearable piece? So here is my finished product of that thought. I simply love the way the wood and the blues pop against each other. 
I'm constantly thinking of jewelry and when I come across something I like, my initial reaction is: how can I use this in my design? What can I learn from this and translate it into my work? How can I wear that?   :) 

Oh and p.s We bought our tickets to Japan last night. I'm so ready to buy more chopsticks! (and much, much more)

No comments: