Friday, November 4, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe



Made chicken soup from scratch for the second time this year! Kirk was sick last week when I first attempted making it and it came out pretty darn good. (at least thats what he told me since I'm a vegetarian) This second time around I have mended my mistakes and hopefully tonight it will be really darn good :) Thought I'd share the recipe I've been toying around with:


Ingredients

  • 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 8 ounces egg noodles
  • 12 cups water
  • 9 cubes chicken bouillon
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley

Directions

  1. In a large stock pot, saute celery and onion in butter or margarine.
  2. Add chicken, carrots, water, bouillon cubes, marjoram, black pepper, bay leaf, and parsley. Simmer for 30 minutes.
  3. Add noodles, and simmer for 10 more minutes.




photo courtesy of the eclectic cook

No comments: