Saturday, June 12, 2010

Garden Fresh Dinner



Tonight I fixed the first dish that used vegetables from the garden! I was so excited. The baby spinach was ready so I made tomato and spinach toasts which are super healthy, super delicious, and quick! The fresh spinach tasted so much better than what I buy at the store! 

Here is my recipe if you want to try it sometime:

Tomato and Spinach Toast

Ingredients:
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Garlic (however much you like!)
-Garlic salt
- 2 tbls. butter (non-dairy for me)
-Italian herbs for taste
- 4 pieces of toast

Directions:

1) saute onion and garlic with butter on medium high heat until onions begin to caramelize.

2) Add tomatoes and garlic salt,  cook on medium heat for 3 - 4 min.

3) Toss in spinach and stir/ saute for another 3 min or until spinach shrinks and becomes  dark green.

4) Divide into four and serve hot over crisp toast. Enjoy!

No comments: