Saturday, January 29, 2011

Creative Process: Green Examples

Awesome moss living carpet. Great example of Indoor-outdoorness

living house in Seoul Korea


Garden moss stud earrings

hanging garden necklace


If you've ever talked to me about house design, you know how I'm obsessed with what I've dubbed, "Indoor-outdoorness". It roughly translates into bringing  nature in it's natural state inside the home, just as it would be growing outside. Like the Spanish courtyards that enclosed the outside within the four walls of their house. Since I don't have the pleasure of owning a courtyard I make do with what I have, and I also make with what I have, that being MOSS.

  I love working with moss. I love it for so many reasons some of which are it's renewable nature, the color and texture it brings to my work, and of course it's message of growth and life it symbolizes. I have an ongoing collection I call,  Urban Garden, where I house most of my moss creations. I like the idea of  wearing a tiny piece of land or bringing you're garden with you on you're everyday travels. 

How do you add some green to you're life?




No comments: