Friday, January 21, 2011

Work, Play, and a bit of Gardening

Hope everyone is enjoying their January as much as I am! A lot has happened while I've been away from the blog, and now I'm ready to start in again as the new business year begins! I have so much to update that I'm not even going to try and do everything at once, or in any particular order. It will just come out as I think of it :)

Right now I'm busy with some custom orders, filling some shop requests, and finishing a batch of new pieces which are currently cooling upstairs in the studio. I like Christmas shows, but my favorite season to create for truly is Spring. I've already filled up a notebook worth of ideas during these past few months with my new line up which includes inspirations from Japanese Kanzashi flowers, carved woods, and vintage kimono fabrics. Super excited to share these new creations as they come!

Show wise, I'm currently applying for all of my Spring/summer show line up and will post my schedule as I find out on the website.  (crossing my fingers for Arts Scape this year!!)

In other news from my crazy life, I've been really pondering hard my sustainable garden design for this year. As you know, I'm sort of obsessed with the idea of self sustainability especially in terms of food. I've planned a second raised bed for this year and have been pulling inspiration from Native American garden designs as well as more modern hydroponics systems. The goal this year is to plant earlier and more efficiently so that I can have food at the table from late spring thru the late Fall. I've also been delving into the possibility of bee keeping.  So, a lot to think about! What Spring plans have you all been daydreaming about?

This is a long, picture-less post and I apologize, but I want to end with some of my resolutions for my business this year :

I resolve to :

1) Update my Etsy Shop (more than last year at least :) )
2) Put more effort into the business part of my business
3) be smarter with my resources and work with what I have rather than purchasing something new
4) Be more transparent in my blog posts
5) Read/ work my way through the book : I'd rather be in the Studio! by Alyson B. Stanfield

No comments: