Monday, January 24, 2011

Read/ Watch List






Here are a few of the things I read/ watched this past week that I was particularly interested in. First, 180 Degrees South was a documentary which included equal parts adventure and land conservation as it followed surfer/ climber Jeff Johnson in his journey to Patagonia. I wasn't so moved by what was said in the commentary as I was by the images captured on film which showcased how beautiful our world is. The soundtrack is also incredibly enjoyable, it's worth a watch. 

I just began delving into a book that was practically made for me. I literally asked, "is there a book about vegetable gardening, bee keeping and urban chicken raising?" and then I found this book by Nicki Trench titled: Creating your Garden Farm, How to grow fruit and vegetables and raise Chickens and bee's. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I've just scratched the surface on this one but it's chock full of useful info on all of the above.  I'll be reading more of this before Spring arrives!

Blue Gold was a very haunting  documentary about the dwindling drinkable water supply and how it's being controlled by corporate giants around the globe. The film highlights the consequences and repercussions that may occur if we aren't more careful with our water management. This was an eye opener for me and I highly recommend it. 

What sorts of interesting literature/ films have you run into lately?


No comments: