Monday, August 27, 2012

Fearless Displays

I remember doing a charcoal drawing in my art class in college and being really pleased with how it turned out. Then my Professor came around and erased a giant chunk of it and told our class, "don't be afraid to start over". At the time I felt devastated that all my time and hard work had been obliterated and the thought of doing it over seemed impossible. But in the end, I ultimately loved the second drawing more than the first. I was actually glad he had erased the old one.

I find myself being ever more appreciative of that lesson. Even for things as mundane as working on my jewelry display setup. Sometimes I'll just wipe it out and start with a clean table. It gives you a fresh perspective and helps your creativity evolve. Wow this post somehow got really deep!

Anyway, I'm here not being afraid to start over and attacking this display setup with a fresh eye!! I'll be in Solomon's Island on the 1st of September for the Annmarie Sculpture Gardens Maker's Mart!

Happy Monday!
Xoxoxoxo - Amy

No comments: