Friday, August 17, 2012

In love

It's been a while! But I'm back and out of my rut from yester-posts. :) It's been a busy week including tearing apart my living room, treasure hunting, seeing friends, baking pies, changing habits, lots of excercise and of course spending a good deal of time in the studio. Oh also I've finally jumped on the bandwagon that is instagram so if your wish is to see too many photos of my cats, food and me posing with both please feel free to follow along. find me under: Sunahblairjewelry.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a few things I've added to my Awesome!/ hahaha list:

 1)
 This is so cool, it looks like sunlight right? Well it's not! It's actually an installation by artist Daniel Rybakken in a Stockholm office building. The building had no real daylight so he used LED lighting behind wall panels to create this awesome illusion. Awesome!

You can see more images from this project here.


2)
I've recently found and fallen in love with the website, This Japanese Life, which is written by a New England expat in Japan. His writing is insightful and hilarious and most of all interesting. One of my favorite posts I've read so far is: On Forgetting your Umbrella in Japan. Have a read!


3)

If you know anything about Kirk and I, you know how much we adore Ikea kitchens.  Obviously we are not alone, I stumbled upon this video a few days ago and it just made me laugh. Also Kirk and I recently reread this funny article called Ode to the Ikea Cabinet. This also made me laugh...again. So if you want to pay homage to the affordability and versatility that is the Ikea kitchen, read and watch!

Hope you all are having a lovely week!

xoxoxoxo -Amy

No comments: