Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cozy Things

For some reason I was so cold today! Bundled in far too many layers for an October Tuesday, my mind of course started thinking about knitting. Since getting back with my new yarns from Philly, I've been carefully thinking of what to make from their expensive greatness. I decided it has to be something intricate because I just don't feel right using a $20 hand-dyed skein for a scarf. I'm thinking these lovely leg warmers might fit the bill.

Then I saw a photo of a hot water bottle and thought: now that's something I don't think of very much! (actually ever) but now I am. Ever since I found this crazy beautiful cabled hot water bottle cozy I can't stop thinking about them! I must make one this winter.



Lastly, the coziest thing I can think of when I'm cold, is of course the Kotatsu. The Japanese really have something good going on. To all who are unfamiliar, Kotatsu is basically a heater beneath a table covered in a futon that traps all that glorious warmth. I make a similar style in the winter and it is the greatest thing to just relax and watch tv while drinking hot tea or chocolate with your friends!

Hoping tomorrow is not quite so chilly!
(but if it is I can always make kotatsu)


*** Getting lots of replies for home show invites and I'm beginning to run low! Please let me know soon if you would like a physical mailed version of the invitation soon! Paperless versions are infinite, so if you'd like one of those, contact me anytime. Visit the Fall Home show page for more details.

No comments: