Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Insight into my Process


I Love Earrings. I Just love them, they are my favorite item to create. I love the whole process of designing pairs and balancing the weight with the right symmetry to get the perfect feeling on the ear. I also love the speed at which I can produce them as opposed to a necklace design  or bracelet. This brings me to share with you one of my favorite challenges I do to push myself creatively. I like to clear off all of my current designs on a single earrings rack and try to refill it with new designs before the next show.  I usually do this a week or less before the show date and I find that the pressure of a time limit helps me better define what I'm trying to express. It's also just plain fun! Below is a photo of the cleared display rack, up top is a fresh design and some of the painfully  pink topaz I was working with that got hurled into my poor eyeball. Good Night!



Fill 'er Up!

------------------------------------------
REMINDER:

Appus Design Home Show

Saturay Oct. 24
11 am - 4 pm

Sunday Oct. 25 
12 pm - 3 pm
 
Follow my blog or twitter by signing up on the right hand side and receive 10% off your next Appus Design Jewelry Purchase!

No comments: